This Copy of Windows Is Not Genuine: Over the past few years, the operating system platforms industry has seen a lot of updates rolled out. Now, we have tried various versions of Windows for PC, Android, iOS and many more for mobile phones. All of these updates provided by the operating system companies are to enhance the user experience by delivering a better version each time an update is rolled out. These updates are there to fix various errors related to the previous versions of the operating system. One such error is the “this copy of windows is not genuine” error. This means that the operating system Windows is not genuine on the user’s device and is in fact a third party product.
This Copy of Windows Is Not Genuine
This windows genuine error is pretty annoying to anyone facing it as it shortens the productivity level of the user by constantly appearing on the screen every once in a while. To overcome this error, the Windows genuine validation process must be completed by the user. However, in case the validation cannot be completed, we have come around with some workaround techniques to avoid this error. So let us start the in depth analysis of the error and how to fix it manually.
What does the “this copy of Windows is not genuine’’ error mean?
This copy of Windows is not genuine 7601 is an error mainly seen on Windows 7 version of the software. The error pops up on the screens of users who have a pirated version of Windows installed on their device or are yet to validate their genuine copy of Windows 7 or any other version.
Build 7601 this copy of windows is not genuine is a frustrating error which can be overcome but getting a genuine Windows on your device. However, if the user wants the error removed on a not genuine Windows copy, there are several Windows genuine fix methods which can fix it and will be discussed below.
What causes Windows is not genuine error?
As previously mentioned, Windows 7 is not genuine build 7601 is caused when the user installs a pirated version of the OS or does not validate their genuine copy of Windows 7.
Windows is not genuine fix is directly related to the copy of the Windows as mentioned above. Once the servers have validation of your copy, the error will be immediately removed.
How to Remove “This Copy of Windows is Not Genuine” Error?
Various methods have now come in front of us which help bypass and remove windows is not genuine error without having to purchase a genuine version of the operating system. So, here are the methods.
Uninstall Windows Update KB971033
The update KB971033 is a Windows update sent by Microsoft to everyone and is meant to detect the “Windows not genuine 7601” error. If the Windows is in fact pirated, the error will start popping up. Uninstalling this error would prevent Microsoft from detecting the genuine copy of Windows from your device. Here is how to uninstall the update.
- Step 1: Open Control Panel on your Windows PC.
- Step 2: Now, locate the “Windows Update” section and click on it.
- Step 3: Go to “view installed updates”.
- Step 4: Now, locate the update KB971033 from the list and uninstall it.
- Step 5: Restart your PC after uninstalling the update to check whether this fixed the “this copy of windows is not genuine 7600 or 7601” error.
SLMGR/REARM Command on CMD
SLMGR/REALM is a Windows tool which detects the Windows license, altering it has also show to fix the error. Here is you perform this Windows is not genuine fix.
- Step 1: Open Command Prompt on your Windows PC.
- Step 2: Type “SLMGR -REALM” once the program has started and press the Enter key.
- Step 3: Once the command has performed successfully, restart your computer and check whether this performed the “this copy of windows is not genuine build 7601” fix.
Note: The command SLMGR-REALM does not work on some Windows versions. In such cases, SLMGR/REALM could be tried; the same changes are performed in both cases.
GPUPDATE/FORCE command in System Services
In this fix, we make changes in the Group Policy system services menu. This is a directory based action and must be performed carefully.
- Step 1: Open Run on your system.
- Step 2: On Run, type “rsop.msc” and click on the “Go” button.
- Step 3: Now, locate and go to the System Services menu on the window opened.
- Step 4: On the System Services menu, click on “Plug and Play”.
- Step 5: Now, on the Plug and Play menu, look for the Startup icon and set it to automatic.
- Step 6: Close the window.
- Step 7: Open Run again and paste the command “gpupdate/force” and click on the Go button again.
- Step 8: Restart your computer
Tip – Windows 7 this copy of Windows is not genuine
After performing the above fixes on various Windows systems facing the Windows 7 is not genuine error, the error has been removed each time. However, many users have complained that they face the error again after a few days or weeks. This is due to them having Windows Updates set to automatic. When Windows Updates are set to automatic, they download the update KB971033 as soon as an internet connection is available. To prevent this, one must turn off automatic Windows Updates on their PC. This can be done manually in the Windows Updates program.
This Copy of Windows is Not Genuine is a frustrating error to get as it constantly pops up in the middle of your system session. This occurs when the Windows is not genuine on the user’s system. To fix this, one could either perform the Windows genuine validation process by entering the validation key or bypass the windows genuine error by performing the removal methods and tips listed above in this article.